Saturday, March 11, 2006

Happy MY-birthday to you!

It is because I love you I give you for a MY-birthday present the George Jetson song. To hear it go to my new little website (www.julianalovespy.com) and click on the first link, Come And Get Me, George Jetson.

It is my favorite song I've written, and if you like it, feel free to download it by right-clicking on the link. The only thing I ask in return is that you let me know what you think about the song here in the comments section. And would you like to hear more of my songs? We are in the process of trying to decide what to do with my music - whether to pursue playing out live or record more songs or forget the whole thing, so any opinions you have would be much appreciated! [Please be honest. If you think it's just so-so or that I should just forget it altogether, you don't have to leave your name!]

Here are the lyrics to the song about an optimist living in a world of pessimists. I had a real dream one night about a hotel in the stars, and it looked like a really nice place to go.

Come And Get Me, George Jetson

Yesterday was ok
But yesterday went away
Now they say everyday
Things will fall apart at the seams
Everyone says the sky is falling
But I don't know if it's true

So can you come and get me, George Jetson
In your funny spaceship car
And drop me off at the hotel in the stars
Where I can run around in circles
In my iridescent dress
Until I dance and spin my way back to
Happiness

Well, if I could see what they see
Well then maybe I would believe
But to me, can't you see
It's just not as bad as it seems
I know they tell me that the sky is falling
But I don't think that it's true

So can you come and get me.....

Cause I don't believe the stars are
Just hanging by a thread
They just need some polish, that's all

So can you come and get me....

Cause I don't believe that we are here
Just hanging by a thread
We just need some polish, that's all

No comments: