Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Want A Tutu, Too

This week we made a tutu for the butterfly.  She thinks it is too puffy, unfortunately.   So maybe next time we'll go for less poof.


I would really like to make one for myself...maybe in silver.  But I wonder, would I just be embarrassing other people to wear it at my age?  Shouldn't I care about the feelings of others, maybe just as a public service?

But when one doesn't think of doing something at the appropriate age (say, in one's twenties....), does one have to miss it entirely?  Do I have to wait till I get to heaven to wear my tutu?   (Because, you know, there will be tutus GALORE in heaven.)

I don't think so.  I've never been known for my patience.   So maybe one of these days you'll see me, here on earth, walking around in a silver tutu with extra poof.  You never know.

3 comments:

Julie said...

But tutus are supposed to be puffy! Silly girl.

I say go for it. If you make your silver one, be sure to share a picture!

Rob Higginbotham said...

Such a beautiful family! I was bragging on your blog to Dave and Lori today.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Didn't you publish a link to tutu-making-how-to? I am all set with tutu-making supplies but decided to forego spending the cash on a pattern. I'd like to have some sort of plan before I start cutting! Email, FB or comment on my blog if you have any advice. :)