Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The land of luxurious wi-fi

(I posted this last night on my MySpace page blog.)

Current mood: sleepy

Today was very exciting. We got high-speed wireless internet at HOME! We are now in the 21st century - the Information-fast Age! Yippee!!

I worked in the information technology for over 8 years, and I still had to call the tech support for Comcast and the ridiculous (but beautiful and fast and dreamy) wireless route to 'self-install' the stuff. Why is it that none of their handy little wizards work on Macs? Why? Why? And why do the foreigners I talk to pretend to have American accents and think they are so cleverly fooling me into thinking that I am not speaking to someone in Indonesia or India or Vietnam or whatever? Except that I have to ask the guy if he meant dot when he said dash because IP addresses usually contain dots and not dashes. I think he thought they were the same.

So now I have to instant message my husband who is surfing the net listening to funny new music and tell him that I'm going to sleep. Except the myspace IMer is down. O well.

I can re-watch this entire season of Alias on my computer now, which is very handy since I basically have short-term amnesia from sleep deprivation since the season premiere on Butterfly's birthday.

Yay.

No comments: