Friday, February 29, 2008

Gloom! Despair! Agony!

I have had an unwelcome visit from a stomach flu bug, and in addition to the physical unpleasantness, the extraneous disappointments have really gotten to me this time. 
  • I was really doing well on The Green Smoothie Challenge and was on my 10th day in a row of yummy, healthy green-ness. (I started a week early.)  However, now I feel like I never want anything green ever again.
  • A while ago, I banned High-Fructose Corn Syrup from my house.  Yesterday, I was forced to allow 2 liters of the carbonated crap in the door (and in my body) in the form of ginger ale.  I didn't have the heart to ask my husband to travel 45 minutes out of his way after working hard all day (and before cooking his own dinner, caring for our toddler and cleaning up) to get me the healthier version from Whole Foods.
  • Ditto on the white noodle stuff.  You can't get chicken-noodle soup made with whole-grain pasta at Kroger.  I wonder if you can get it anywhere.
  • My daughter has probably become a Curious George addict since she has watched multiple episodes a day for the last three days.  But I wanted her to have a little fun since I certainly haven't provided any for her.  Except for pretending to be the baby when she was the mama and cooking food for me in her little kitchen.  She did like that.  
  • Since I joined the Y on Valentine's Day, I have been very consistent in exercising multiple times a week.  Not this week.  My muscles are surely atrophied by now.
  • I hate missing much anticipated, once-a-year events because of a stupid virus.  Today I have to do that.
So there you have it.  The blahs.  From the melodramatic viewpoint of an ENFP.  But the good news is that I am the last member of my household to experience this evil, so when it's gone from me, hopefully it will be gone forever.

No comments: