Sunday, March 16, 2008

How Does She Know That?

Recently, Butterfly (or should I say Bunny...), who is not-yet-two-and-a-half, has amused and astounded me with what comes out of her mouth.

Yesterday evening, we were walking to the car and were about to go home for dinner.  She said, "I am so hungry.  It's hard to think."

Then this morning, I came downstairs after my shower to find her eating with Daddy, and she said, "Your outfit.  I like it mommy.  You look very pretty.  You look very great!"  (Melt, melt, melt, says my heart.)

And a few minutes ago, she was running (and running and running and running).  As she sailed by each time she yelled, "I'm running so fast you can't even see me!"


And then this evening, while she was eating her scrambled eggs:  "Thank you, chickens!"

Who needs television when you have a toddler?

No comments: