Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Smoothies And More

For my next Virtual Birthday Present, I would like to have a power blender.  I would take either a Blendtec or a Vita-Mix because they are both amazingly powerful. 

We received a KitchenAid blender as a wedding gift, and I always thought it was the best blender ever.  But that was before I heard of these Power Blenders.  

Apparently, you can blend up a car in these machines because they are so strong.  One Vita-Mix user said you could replace the blades with dull sticks of wood and still crush ice in seconds because of the intense speed created.  That is a little scary to me, I have to say!

Recently, we have been drinking lots of yummy Green Smoothies, which consist of some frozen fruit, a banana, some water, and a few handfuls of spinach (or something else green).  Our blender does a great job of liquifying the ingredients over the course of 3 to 5 minutes (if you don't want any lumps whatsoever).  

Our friend JD has been on the same Green Smoothie kick, and he has a Vita-Mix.  I asked him how long it takes to make one in his blender.  His answer:  "Fifteen seconds."  Wow.

You can also grind wheat, knead bread, cook soup, make ice cream, make nut butters, and a million other things with one of these.  Oh, and make whole food juices without the messiness of a juicer and leftover pulp.  And it cleans itself easily.

Sounds really handy, doesn't it?  Eating healthy food would be a breeze, so I would consider it an investment in our health.

Cost:  around $399

1 comment:

Heather said...

My parents have the vita-mix and it does make really yummy soups and ice cream! I'd love one of these too!