Thursday, January 05, 2006

A very good place to start

Here's a Christmas picture of Baby Butterfly. She is wearing her new legwarmers - aren't they cute? (If you want some, they are available here.)

She's also wearing her ever-present bib, since she spits up a LOT, something she inherited from her daddy, according to his parents. The biggest problem with that is NOT the laundry it generates or the fact that we need tons of bibs and burpcloths. It's not even having to change my own clothes because neither bib nor burpcloth nor baby caught her milky offering. Those things really don't bother me, believe it or not. No, my ONLY complaint is that her bibs cover up her little outfits, so you can't see them entirely. I'm such a clothes person, and I SO want her adorable tops to be visible and not covered in bibs, no matter how decorative they are! Oh well, the reflux commonly stops by around 6 months....just in time for the teething drool...

On a lighter note...the Butterfly appears to have been born a very SOCIAL butterfly. Hmm...I wonder where she got that! She smiles and coos so much and is SO friendly to people. And she doesn't wait for you to smile at her; if you just glance over at her, she'll stop you in your tracks with her toothless smiles. She has even made friends with the baby in the mirror; they smile and have wonderfullly amicable conversations. I wonder what they are talking about.

Speaking of the Butterfly, I just looked over at her and she was looking at me with the sweetest little sleepy grin on her face. Wow...I love being her mommy. As a former little girl who played with baby dolls all day long, I can say that having her as my own real baby is truly a dream come true! Thanks to God....and Rob!

No comments: